SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, August 7, 2017

I'M LATE! I'M LATE! FOR A VERY IMPORTANT DATE!


AUGUST 4, 2017
A VERY IMPORTANT DATE!
August 1st had finally arrived! My bags were all packed and I was ready to be on my way to London! It was 5:30am Tuesday morning when I hauled my luggage down to board the bus for the airport, there I was told that I would not be leaving that day for London. They had NO Passport or Visa for me. I was crushed! I could not even stand the thought of one more day in the MTC!! Why was I just learning this now?? I drug my luggage back to an empty room of beds, no companions and just myself, being told I could be in the MTC for up to another 2 WEEKS!! 
 I turned to my Heavenly Father in prayer...
WHAT ABOUT MY VERY IMPORTANT DATE?
DID I HAVE MORE TO LEARN? WHY ME?
 It has been pretty hard but I have gotten through because of the grace that my Savior has for me!! It's funny how the Lord works, I was only meant to be here for an extra 3 days. But let me tell you He had a purpose behind THIS! So I got set into a new trio (I had two companions), and they both came to me telling me that they really struggled together. As I got to know them each I started to figure things out. I sat them down and told them that we needed to have a very open and honest conversation about our strengths, weaknesses, and things we were struggling with our COMPANIONS! They were not excited... But I told them that pride had to be put aside and that we needed to learn hard lessons like these to become better! 

We had a 2-hour conversation...
And it was amazing! Of course, there were a few tears but that was a good thing! Afterward, when we were done, I expressed the love that I had and God had for both of them, and even though they had such different personalities they were put together to learn from each other!  

When we were done, one of the girls came up to me and just started crying, I hugged her, and she said... 

"You have no idea how hard I have been praying for something like this to happen. I have been HERE for 3 weeks, and I have had no success in this companionship. I have struggled so much, and I seriously have almost gone home on two occasions! But you have helped be an answer to my PRAYERS!!!" 

It was amazing, I knew that my faith in God keeping me here for an extra little while had paid off, and I knew there was a purpose behind it! Yes I did struggle, yes I did have doubts,  but Gods grace got me through!

I also had another amazing experience!! I was in class, and one of my companions and I went out into the hall to discuss a question. When we went out We saw a big group of women. They were coming right to us...

I then realized it was my the MTC mission presidents wife, and several women from the General Presidencies, Sister Bingham PRESIDENT of the General Relief Society being one of them!! They came right up to us and we talked for a while and gave hugs, then they said 

"We are now investigators of the church, teach us a lesson and get us interested" 

My heart stopped... I knew Christ was at my side so I began! I talked about Jesus Christ and asked them questions like 'Who is Jesus to you?" or "What role does he play in your life?" The lesson went on for awhile! It was so amazing!!!!!!!! 

After I couldn't wrap my head around the fact that I just taught the GENERAL RELIEF SOCIETY PRESIDENT, and some of the sisters in the General Young Women's! I felt so blessed!

Anyway, I love you ALL so much and I wanted to share this with you. Thank you for all the prayers! They have truly paid off! London is Calling!

I'VE GOT A VERY IMPORTANT DATE!
TO THE MOON AND BACK!
-BELL

Post a Comment